Appel Law Firm offers an annual scholarship to college and graduate students who have been survivors of car accidents and have overcome their injuries. Each year we offer the Auto Accident Law Firm Survivor Scholarship. The winner receives $1,000 towards their school tuition. See below for eligibility, scholarship requirements, deadlines, submission instructions and a PDF copy of the application.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have sustained injuries from a car or truck accident or been affected by someone else’s accident.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States. Graduate and Law School students are encouraged to apply.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
The following documents must be provided in PDF format in full by August 1, 2016 for consideration:
- A completed application.
- An unofficial copy of a current academic transcript.
- Copy of a current resume.
- Copy of a police report or other proof of your accident.
- A personal essay one to three pages typed describing the car accident, how it affected you, and what has changed since the accident.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.).
- Auto Accident Law Firm scholarship is to be used exclusively for college or law school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
One applicant will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The award recipient will be notified of the selection by mid-August, 2016.
Completed applications must be received in our office no later than the August 1, 2016 deadline. Any application received later than August 1, 2016 will be declared ineligible for scholarship consideration.
- Completed applications must be submitted to Thomas Appel via email to tgappel[at]appellawyer[dot]com.
- The email subject line must be labeled: “2016 Scholarship Application –” followed by your First and Last Name. For example, Joe Smith’s email subject line would be “2016 Scholarship Application – Joe Smith”
- Please attach the completed application, copy of the transcript(s), resume, police report and essay in PDF format as one PDF file and saved as “2016 Scholarship Application – FirstNameLastName -”. For example, Joe Smith’s application would be submitted as a single PDF file saved as “2016 Scholarship Application – JoeSmith”.
- Failure to properly submit your application, may result in your application being ineligible for scholarship consideration.
Read about the previous Appel Law Firm Survivor Scholarship Winners