“There are no short cuts. We work hard to prepare every case for trial with smart, tenacious, and professional representation. “
Joe Appel joined the firm as an associate after working for several defense firms, which included defending employers against workers’ compensation claims. His current practice focuses on representing plaintiffs in personal injury and workers’ compensation cases.
During law school, Joe externed for Justice Timothy A. Reardon of the First District of the California Court of Appeal and Judge Richard A. Kramer of the San Francisco Superior Court. Joe also was elected as the Editor in Chief of the Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, was a founding member of the Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal, and received an Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award from the San Francisco Bar Association.
Joe received a B.A. in Psychology-Spanish from the University of California, Los Angeles and a J.D. from University of California, Hastings College of the Law. Before earning his degrees, Joe played intercollegiate rugby in Spain and was also awarded the rank of Eagle Scout.
In his spare time, Joe enjoys playing with his two dogs, exploring new restaurant menus, and rooting for Real Madrid.
- State of California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2013
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (J.D. 2010)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. 2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Member