ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have sustained injuries from a car or truck accident or been affected by someone else’s accident.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States. Graduate and Law School students are encouraged to apply.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- A completed application.
- An official copy of a current academic transcript.
- Copy of a police report or other proof of your accident.
- A one page essay of not more than three pages describing the car accident, how it affected you, and what has changed since the accident.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.).
- Auto Accident Law Firm scholarship is to be used exclusively for college tuition and related expenses. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations
One applicant will be awarded a $1000 scholarship on August 10th 2014. Auto Accident Law Firm Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or before August 15th, 2014.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than July 31st, 2014. Application materials should be mailed to the attention of Thomas Appel at:
Appel Law Firm LLP
100 Pringle Ave., Ste. 730
Walnut Creek, California 94596
For more information, visit www.appellawyer.com