ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have sustained injuries from a car or truck accident or been affected by someone else’s accident.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States. Graduate and Law School students are encouraged to apply.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
The following documents must be provided in full by August 1 of the application year for consideration:
- A completed application.
- An official copy of a current academic transcript.
- Copy of a police report or other proof of your accident.
- A personal essay of not more than three pages describing the car accident, how it affected you, and what has changed since the accident.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.).
- Auto Accident Law Firm scholarship is to be used exclusively for college tuition and related expenses. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s school to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
One applicant will receive the $1,000 Auto Accident Law Firm Scholarship. The recipient will be notified of the selection mid August of the application year.
Completed applications must be received in our office no later than the August 1st deadline. Any application received later than August 1st of the application year will be declared ineligible for scholarship consideration.
Attn: Thomas Appel
Appel Law Firm LLP
100 Pringle Ave., Ste. 730
Walnut Creek, CA 94596